Thank you for visiting DKTravel4You and allowing me the opportunity to earn your business. Here are my terms and conditions:
My goal is to build lasting relationships with my clients. There are many benefits for using a Travel Agent and the most important one is service. Someone you can contact for questions or problem solving from planning to completion of your trip. Someone who will provide you with information that you didn't know you needed! Anyone can book online, but that doesn't include personal customer service.
How do you know if the travel supplier you book with online is financially stable? What about the travel suppliers that did not come through with refunds for travelers when cancellations and shutdowns happened. Professional Travel Agents, like myself, work with groups of other Travel Agents, Travel News outlets and Supplier support systems to provide you with the most current information and best value.
I am not paid by the hour by the Suppliers. I have a working relationship with the Suppliers to provide you, the traveler with the best value. I am paid by the Supplier once your trip is completed, but I am working on your behalf. So if I do the work and you use the information I provide to book yourself, then I have worked for free. I say this because most people don't understand how the travel business works. Please note my commission does not increase the cost of your travel. Suppliers have commission built into their pricing. It is a matter of whether the Supplier keeps the commission if you book direct or whether your Travel Agent receives the commission. There are some Suppliers that only work with Travel Professionals so you will not find their products online nor will you find some of the promotions that are offered through a Travel Agent.
Below is how my Travel Agency operates:
- I do not book Flights only. My value as a Travel Agent is putting together a multi-option itinerary which may include two or more of the following: cruise, train, rental car, accommodations, air, and/or excursions.
- I provide 1/2hr initial consultation. This allows you and I to determine if we are a good match for a successful and happy vacation. We can do this by email, phone or by zoom.
- I offer two Travel Service Plans, please be sure to let me know what your expectations are and whether you prefer option 1 or option 2:
- 1) Full Service Travel Plan: This is what most travel clients prefer. There is no research fee. I am paid a commission by the supplier at the completion of your travel, at no additional cost to you. This means that I also complete the Booking/reservations on your behalf. Full Service includes: research, planning, destination information, quotes, recommendations, booking trip, follow up with travel requirements, itinerary changes, assistance while traveling and at destination, any follow up after trip due to any issues. This is based a mutual agreement that we will work together, via the honor system. Which means, that information I have provided will not be used to book a trip without consideration of my time, knowledge and the added value you will be receiving.
- 2) Travel Research Only Plan is a fee based option, paid prior to research. This option is good for those that prefer to book themselves but just need some guidelines. This will give you up to 4 hrs of my time, over a 30 day period. You will receive up to 4 quotes and guidelines for up to 2 destinations within that time period. My base fee for this is $100.00. For groups or more details the price will vary and will be discussed on a case by case basis.
- I anticipate that you will appreciate the added value for your vacation and join my other repeat Travel Clients in committing to option 1 - Full Service Travel Plan.
I get to know your likes and dislikes to create a memorable vacation specifically for you. I understand that you want the best value for your vacation dollars and that you have many options to choose from when booking your vacation. DKTravel4You will work to make your travels stress free.
I don't compete with the Online Travel Agent sites (OTA) because they can't compete with me on Service. Generally you would be working with a call center if you have to contact a OTA. A vacation is an investment in time and money. I am sure you want to use both wisely.
Have you worked with a Travel Specialist before? If not, here is why you should:
Expertise: Experienced travel advisors know the market and can match you with a better product than you can find by searching the internet. With the online suppliers you are seeing what everyone else is seeing, which may not include promotions or products offered in the self-booking online sites. Travel Agencies are networked together by industry suppliers so sometimes can offer better value, based on the volume and relationships.
Resources & Relationships: Certified travel advisors have a variety of tools and contacts that consumers can’t access or don't know about. Often, they can get their clients a better airplane seat, added amenities at hotels, room upgrades, event tickets and access to special activities. Need to know if vaccines or visas are needed for a destination? Ask a certified travel advisor and they will know. Think of it as having your own personal assistant!
Convenience: A traveler’s time is valuable, so let a certified travel advisor work to research and plan a dream vacation. A certified advisor can help clients define what they want to get out of their travels and present options that fulfill or exceed their desires. They can book everything for their client, from hotel and air to spa appointments and dining.
Save Money, Add Value: A certified travel advisor can often save their clients money even if they charge a fee due to their exclusive relationships and in-depth knowledge of suppliers, which also saves their clients time and effort. There also are a lot of value-adds that most consumers don't even know about that a certified advisor can bring to travel planning.
Better Destinations: Certified travel advisors have inside information on the best times to visit different locations depending on the season, special events or even weather. They sometimes even know what the next "it" destinations are going to be before they become overcrowded. Get there first by using a certified agent.
Exclusive Access: Some travel experiences—exotic tours, off-the-beaten-path treks and private jet products, among others—often are only available through a professional. If clients are looking to add some exclusivity to their travels, a certified travel advisor can open doors unavailable to consumers.
- What is covered by my Travel Service Plan you ask?
- Before, during and post travel research, questions, problem resolution. If something goes wrong you know who to call!
- The health and safety of travelers has stepped to the forefront since Covid. There is a lot more work involved to provide my clients with accurate and timely information along with specific protocols for each destination. It is not a one time process for each trip, but has to be continually monitor as information changes daily.
- Covid and Travel restrictions changed the world in so many ways. What Travel Agents have found is that we have had to redesign our businesses several times as some suppliers went out of business or had such horrible customer service with cancellations and refunds that we don't use them anymore. Sadly, I have a list of suppliers that are marked "don't use". Online consumers are not aware of this as some of these suppliers are still found online and continue to book travel but then can't follow through with the service to the consumer for questions, problems or refunds.
- With the online availability of booking travel, Travel Agents including myself, find that after all our effort researching and presenting quotes, some people will book their vacation themselves, based on the information that we provided. What you might not realize is that you may have booked the trip but you won't have an advocate working on your behalf when things go wrong. Also, you may have missed out on some added value items.
I look forward to hearing from you. Contact me by email, call, text or fill out the request form on my Home page to start the Vacation process.